This is the best Minaal yet—the little details make all the difference. I own the 1.0, have gifted the 2.0, and now have the 3.0. Basically they fixed the little annoyances and upgraded things I didn't know I wanted. They upgraded the laptop harness and makes it accessible from either direction. The passport hidden pocket has spoiled me. And don't get me started on those zippers—my original have taken eight years of abuse with never a tear nor a problem. Bottom line: the 3.0 is worth it.
Seriously glad I found this bag! I've been travelling non-stop for the past year to over 10 countries and this has come with everywhere without complaining on being shoved into tight spots, dropped onto pavements/rocks/dusty floors, and overloaded (gotta bring back gifts!).
The pockets are cleverly designed, and there always seems to be a little extra nook that you can take advantage of.
I love the laptop section and that I don't need to worry about it smashing to pieces. I love the hidden pocket on the back where I can keep extra money, passport, and other valuables (please don't rob me!).
I'll admit I was a little hesitant to purchase at first due to the price but I'm so happy I did because this truly feels like a bag for life (not-withstanding their incredible life-time guarantee).
Bravo minaal team, truly stellar product!
Carry-on 3.0 Bag
I was looking for a pack that could do it all and the carryon 3.0 is it! I took it on a 10 day trip to 3 states with 2 weddings I needed to attend and I was able to fit everything I needed and more! Love traveling without a suitcase and this one allows you to do that extremely well. The transition to a duffle type bag by zipping the straps away was not something I thought I'd use but it turned out to be an incredible feature for quickly boarding/ getting off planes. I also love the feature emails you receive after you get the pack. I learn about a new feature every week that I didn't even know it had! Love this thing.
I waited to write this review until I'd gone for the ultimate test: taking the bag on a trip. And I'm glad I did, because I'm thrilled to report that this bag is absolutely fantastic. It fit everything I needed for 3 weeks, and as I got the hang of the compartments the packing got quicker and better. Since there are only a few compartments (as opposed to the huge number on comparably priced/reputed bags), it was easy to remember where things were, and access them at speed when needed!
Speaking of access, the system of compartments and the overall form are excellent. Getting to what I need when I needed it was always easy, and the bag just *felt* convenient. Before this, I was travelling with a larger bag that packed out bulky. This bag, even packed to capacity, never ended up bulky or inconvenient. And on top of that, it was very comfortable to carry for me (a 5' 4'' smallish woman), and it even lifted easier than previous bags. Between the shoulder straps and the hip belt, I was able to adjust it very comfortably. And I'm completely sold on the magnetic load lifters: it's possible to deattach the metal part while wearing to loosen the strap, making the whole shebang even more adjustable depending on, for example, a sore shoulder from falling on the pavement the day before travelling (I wiped out and fell on my right side, just bruised but being able to loosen that strap the next day at the airport was a godsend).
And then there's the customer service. I reached out to Minaal about details of this bag and shipping several times, and they were both highly responsive and ridiculously helpful. When there was a problem getting the bag due to a shipper--not even Minaal at all--they sent me a whole new bag, to a different country, and the shipping was free for me! The customer service was unfailingly polite, kind, generous, and helpful, and I was a customer for life even before the bag turned up at my door. Minaal's the best!
Simply the best on all fronts.
• Comes with our lifetime warranty against defects
• Net Weight: 1.41kg / 3.12lb
• LxWxH: 55cm x 35cm x 20cm / 21.6in x 13.7in x 7.87in (fully packed)
• Capacity: 35L – learn more
• NEW 600D Picton™ fabric, made from recycled yarn, is even tougher and attracts less hair and fluff
• NEW 1200D Picton™ fabric reinforces high-abrasion areas
• NEW re-engineered Unified Harness™, built from the inside out for ultimate comfort
• NEW integrated secret pocket, designed to keep your valuables or the Minaal RFID Travel Wallet safe, yet always within easy reach
• Our patented DeviceNest™ shock-proof double device sleeve, fits up to 16" laptops & 16" devices
• Woojin & UTX alloy buckles
• Lie-flat clamshell scoop increases capacity and helps with faster packing and unpacking
• 4-point harness adjustment system for extra comfort and body-type adaptation
• Works with our attachable Hip Pads, Packing Cubes, Shoulder Sling, Shirt Protector, Toolcases, RFID Travel Wallet, and Extender Straps.
• Compliant with both US and European airline carry-on limits
• Made with Triple Bottom Line business principles