This is the best Minaal yet—the little details make all the difference. I own the 1.0, have gifted the 2.0, and now have the 3.0. Basically they fixed the little annoyances and upgraded things I didn't know I wanted. They upgraded the laptop harness and makes it accessible from either direction. The passport hidden pocket has spoiled me. And don't get me started on those zippers—my original have taken eight years of abuse with never a tear nor a problem. Bottom line: the 3.0 is worth it.
Seriously glad I found this bag! I've been travelling non-stop for the past year to over 10 countries and this has come with everywhere without complaining on being shoved into tight spots, dropped onto pavements/rocks/dusty floors, and overloaded (gotta bring back gifts!).
The pockets are cleverly designed, and there always seems to be a little extra nook that you can take advantage of.
I love the laptop section and that I don't need to worry about it smashing to pieces. I love the hidden pocket on the back where I can keep extra money, passport, and other valuables (please don't rob me!).
I'll admit I was a little hesitant to purchase at first due to the price but I'm so happy I did because this truly feels like a bag for life (not-withstanding their incredible life-time guarantee).
Bravo minaal team, truly stellar product!
It's great! I've been and am planning on living of the Carry-On v3 for the next 3 months at least.
It's extremely thought out, surprising me with little details when I least expect it, like all the smaller pockets being accessible without taking it off from your back.
The support and communication is fantastic as well, I feel there's a lot of pride taken in building these backbags and I felt that during any support I got.
I bought my first Minaal carry-on several years ago. It has circled the globe a dozen times in my hands and a few more with other family members. It is so cleverly designed and well constructed I thought I would never be able to justify getting another. It looks like new. Then I spied the 3.0 bag. Finally an excuse to get another! It is a little larger and unsurprisingly the design has undergone a few refinements over the years. I use them both and just can’t overstate my satisfaction with these Minaal products. They are truly in a class of their own - just wish I wish I could keep my relatives’ hands off them when I turn my back!
Great travel backpack. Feels high quality. Was a great decision to buy the bundle with the waist strap and packing cubes, both of which have worked well.
I picked the Carry On 3.0 over other similar backpacks primarily because:
* It’s lighter
* Straps can be stowed away and bag can be carried using the side handle
Things I found:
* Packing into the scoop takes a bit of getting used to
* Scoop zipper was a bit stiff initially but has eased up since
* My bottle is a snug fit in the holder and I find it hard to put it into the bottle holder with the bag on my back. Need another pair of hands or have to take the bag off
* Waist strap doesn’t have a separate compartment. I usually stow it away with the straps
Carry-on 3.0 Bag
• Comes with our lifetime warranty against defects
• Net Weight: 1.41kg / 3.12lb
• LxWxH: 55cm x 35cm x 20cm / 21.6in x 13.7in x 7.87in (fully packed)
• Capacity: 35L – learn more
• NEW 600D Picton™ fabric, made from recycled yarn, is even tougher and attracts less hair and fluff
• NEW 1200D Picton™ fabric reinforces high-abrasion areas
• NEW re-engineered Unified Harness™, built from the inside out for ultimate comfort
• NEW integrated secret pocket, designed to keep your valuables or the Minaal RFID Travel Wallet safe, yet always within easy reach
• Our patented DeviceNest™ shock-proof double device sleeve, fits up to 16" laptops & 16" devices
• Woojin & UTX alloy buckles
• Lie-flat clamshell scoop increases capacity and helps with faster packing and unpacking
• 4-point harness adjustment system for extra comfort and body-type adaptation
• Works with our attachable Hip Pads, Packing Cubes, Shoulder Sling, Shirt Protector, Toolcases, RFID Travel Wallet, and Extender Straps.
• Compliant with both US and European airline carry-on limits
• Made with Triple Bottom Line business principles