As a Minaal Daily and Carry-on 2.0 owner, the shirt protector for me, is one of the most ingenious design aspects of the Minaal range. At first, it appears as a simple garment packer, for folded shirts and pants, but the smarts lays in the integration into both of the Minaal bags.
Slide the shirt protector into the straps and not only is a garment pack, but it also serves as a restraining strap for the contents inside, helping to shift the weight of the bags contents onto the carriers back. This applies to both the Daily and the Carry-On.
When the 3.0 series of Minaal bags was released, I was tempted to upgrade, very tempted, having used my Minaal across business trips to the US and across Europe, I knew how reliable the Minaal bags were. In fact, so reliable, I just couldn't justify the upgrade, my 2.0 bags were still awesome. But they were releasing an upgrade of the Shirt Protector, 3.0!
The first noticeable change is the logo, striking the newer (even more!) minimalistic Minaal logo. There is one less mesh pocket, replaced with fabric, but all this will do is help with keeping the protector closed anyhow, so no loss in my opinion. The best change is the elasticated hook loops. What this does its further improve the strapping function mentioned earlier. Letting you place even more packed items under the protector and producing a more snug result.
Overall a great improvement on an already cool feature, and of course useful on both the Daily and Carry-On, for either series!
• Net Weight: 302g / 10.65oz
• Approximately 13.8 x 9.8 in (35 x 25 cm)
• With clothes inside, closer to 15.7 x 11.8 in (40 x 30 cm), depending on how it's packed
• Reduces shirt wrinkling and keeps clothes clean and secure while on the move
• Holds up to eight shirts, protects suits and dress pants or blouses and skirts, and has a dedicated zippered pocket for ties or similar items
• 150D exterior with eco-poly lining and airflow mesh
• Comes with the Minaal how-to guide on folding clothes effectively (which doubles as a folding board)
• Attaches to the Minaal Carry-on 2.0/3.0 and all versions of the Daily bag via purpose-built elasticated attachment hooks