The Rolltop is a compact bag for everyday use — and also functions as a streamlined, easy-access bag for long-haul journeys.
Whether you’re cycling to work with your laptop, or cutting through crowds at rush hour, you need a bag that keeps the journey smooth. The Rolltop’s classic top-loading design — combined with its unique quick-access, full-length front zipper, and multiple stash pockets — keep your gear accessible on the move.
At 15L, it packs surprising capacity into a minimalist silhouette. It carries up to a 15” device in a protective, suspended neoprene sleeve; its backpack straps can be hidden at a moment's notice; and its integrated secret pockets keep your wallet or passport safe in transit.
- Protect up to 15” laptop in the suspended neoprene sleeve
- Magnetic fasteners combine security and speed
- Full-length zip helps you pack and unpack faster
- Hidden pockets keep your valuables secure
- Front stash pockets for quick access on the move
- Easy-hide harness for more formal moments
- Foam handle for soft, comfortable grip
- 15L (see our note on capacity)
- Weight: 890 g / 1.96 lb
- H (rolled): 48 cm / 18.9 in
- W (top of pack) ~ 41 cm / 16.1 in
- D ~5 cm / 2 in empty, 14 cm / 5.5 in packed
This second paragraph is where some companies might list their endless conditions, exclusions, and sub-clauses to their reckless first sentence. But we’re big believers in common sense – a defect is a defect – and we won’t use legal jargon as a rock to hide under when you come knocking. Problems with our gear are incredibly rare, but we know how good it feels to have a solid warranty backing you up when you’re on the road. If any of our gear falls short of our high quality-control standards, we’ll make it right.
Ultimately, any gear that takes a severe beating over a long period of time will eventually show signs of wear and tear. This isn’t considered a defect – but drop us a line if you’re in doubt, and we’ll be straight with you either way.
If you're in the U.S. and want to request a warranty refund or replacement, you can do it here.
If you live outside the U.S. and have a warranty issue, it's best to contact us directly.